The purpose of the 4-H Archery program is to provide positive opportunities for a young person to develop the essential life skills of mastery, independence, generosity, and belonging through their own areas of interest. In Archery, youth will learn…
- the safe handling and storage of archery equipment.
- about the parts of bows, arrows, and archery equipment.
- the history of archery shooting.
- the basics of archery shooting.
- how bows work and discuss it with others.
- about different types of bows, arrows, and archery equipment.
Archery is generally the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month from 3:00 to 4:30, weather permitting.
Archery practice is outdoors in the the elements, and there will be no practice if the weather forecast is below 45 or above 90, or if there is a high probability for precipitation, and/or thunder storms.
Please plan on arriving early to help set up, or staying late to help clean up.
When attending Archery practice please keep in mind that we are visitors on our hosts land, please keep your speed down, to reduce dust